The life of a single mother is faced with challenges–taking care of the children, making sure there’s food in the fridge and cupboards, saving money for the rainy days, and working eight to twelve hours a day just to make ends meet, but thankfully with government grants like the Florida scholarships, a mother’s life would be deemed easily. With this current lifestyle, the chances of finishing their college degrees or pursuing another program become bleak.
The Government Cares–Florida Scholarships for Single Moms!
The local government of Florida has concluded that the lack of education is the key factor why single mothers are juggling in between jobs with no sign of financial alleviation and progress. Because of this dilemma, Florida and other state governments have come up with different scholarships made intentionally for single mothers such as the Florida scholarships.
Single Moms Can Choose from Several Various Florida Scholarships.
Single mothers can apply for different scholarships and here are a few notable programs and organizations related to the Florida scholarships:
- Frederick W. and Grace P. Brecht Scholarships: A single mother can qualify for these scholarships provided that she’s graduated from a Brevard county high school and has been a resident of Brevard County for at least 2 years.
- Mary Ellen Burnett Scholarship: This is one of the scholarships which is awarded to graduates of South Lake, Eustis, East Ridge, Umatilla, Leesburg, and Mount Dora High School with the intention of going to the University of Florida.
- Florida Women’s State Golf Association Junior Girls’ Scholarship Fund: This scholarship is awarded to four undergraduates who’re studying at a Florida college and the amount varies from $2500 to $5000.
- Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship-Florida: This scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students who’re attending a technical college. This is awarded to 1400 freshmen at most and with a cash prize of $1500.
- Selby Scholar Program: This is a special program part of the scholarships that awards $5000 to undergraduates residing in Florida.
- Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges Scholarship Program: Like the one above, this is also another special program part of the scholarships that awards $3500 to 225 undergraduates who are enrolled in any Florida college.
- Critical Teacher Shortage Tuition Reimbursement Florida: This program is available for 150-175 graduates and undergraduates who are currently enrolled in any Florida college. The cash prize ranges from $1850 to $2300.
Moms Matter, Get Into College with Florida Scholarships.
For single mothers, you are not alone in your fight for a better future. The local US governments are willing to help those in need of financial assistance such as these scholarships. By applying for these scholarships for college, you’re one step closer to graduating with a college degree and securing your family’s financial future. Grab the opportunity to go back to school now and avail of those scholarships provided by the government.